The comparison chart provided here contains the basic features of some MDM vendors that are currently in market.
Legend: = feature available = feature unavailable
|OS PLATFORMS SUPPORTED|
|APP MANAGEMENT FEATURES|
|OTHER MANAGEMENT FEATURES|
|Third party integration|
Below is the table with extended features.
|On - device app|
|Exchange account seeding|
|Push text message|
|Push enterprise apps|
|Push retail apps|
|Alert on forbidden app|
|Alert when no response|
|Alert when roaming|
|API or SDK for administration|
|Desktop based administration|
|iOS based administration|
|Web based administration|
|Windows phone 7|
|Windows phone 8|
|Windows phone 8.1|
- Bulk enrollment: Enroll devices in bulk by importing a CSV file containing employee information.
- Configuration profile: Enroll devices with MDM via Apple configurator.
- DEP: Enroll devices with MDM via Apple Device Enrollment Program.
- On-device app: Enroll devices with an on-device app.
- Self enrollment: Enroll user’s devices by themselves through a self enrollment portal.
- Web portal: Enroll device through a web portal.
- Active directory: Authenticate users via Active Directory, the Directory service from Microsoft.
- Open directory: Authenticate users via open directory, the LDAP directory service from Apple.
- Other LDAP: Authenticate users via other directories.
- User upload: Upload user details to the server in advance.
- Exchange account seeding: Setting up information for a work account (exchange account).
- Passcode: Set devices with a passcode.
- Remote lock: Lock devices remotely when compromised.
- Remote wipe: Wipe data from the devices remotely.
- Restrictions: Set restrictions on devices.
- API: If API of the MDM is available.
- Backup: If data backup feature is available.
- Camera control: Enabling or disabling device camera.
- Compliance check: Scan the devices for compliance issues.
- Dashboard: If the MDM has an interactive dashboard.
- Geofencing: Restricting devices from accessing corporate data based on specified geographical locations.
- Group policies: Apply policies to device and user groups.
- iOS features: If MDM supports specific iOS features.
- Location tracking: Track location of the enrolled devices.
- Push text message: If the admin can push text messages to the users by integrating with push notification services like APNs, GCM etc.
- Reporting: Detailed reports of various scenarios in device management.
- Supervised features: Availability of supervised mode features.
- URL blacklisting: Blacklisting inappropriate website URLs.
- App blacklisting: Blacklist inappropriate apps.
- App catalog: Create different app catalogue with necessary apps for different departments in the company.
- App wrapping: Groom the apps in such a way that they are appropriate for the work environment.
- Available SDK: If software development kit is available.
- Push enterprise apps: Install or prompt to install enterprise apps in the enrolled devices.
- Push retail apps: Install or prompt to install purchased apps in the devices.
- VPP integration: Bulk purchase and distribution of apps through Volume Purchase Program.
- VPN: Set up information for Virtual Private Network.
- Wi-Fi configuration: Distribute corporate Wi-Fi to the devices.
- Alert on forbidden app: Alert admin when any enrolled devices install an app that is forbidden.
- Alert when no response: Alert admin when an enrolled device does not respond within a specified amount of time.
- Alert when roaming: Alert admin when an enrolled device is roaming.
- API or SDK for administration: If APIs or software development kit is available for administration.
- Desktop based administration: Administration from a desktop app.
- iOS based administration: Administration from an iOS app.
- Web based administration: Administration from a web portal.
- Enterprise iOS – Comparison of MDM providers http://www.enterpriseios.com/wiki/Comparison_MDM_Providers
- Mobi wireless management – MDM comparison chart http://mobiwm.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/MDM-Compare.pdf
- Getapp https://www.getapp.com/
- Tom’s IT pro http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/mdm-vendor-comparison,2-681-13.html